Monday, January 30, 2006

Quick Question to All You Readers Out There...

I am constantly adding new things to my blog, as well as constantly looking for new things or inspirations to add to my blog. But I have had trouble figuring out how to code my latest desired additions.

If you take a look at This Page, you will see two things that I would like to happen on my blog. The first being an image to replace my current image of the Blogger logo in the upper left-hand corner of the window. The referenced page has a "PC" sort of logo where I have the Blogger "B" thing. I don't like it, and I would also just like to add just a little more something to my page to make it my own.

The second thing that you will see on the Referenced Page are the posts. If you look at the posts now, on the main page, you will notice that the posts are not shown in their entirety. You have to click the "Read Full Article" link which is the permalink to the full article. I have seen customizations to blogs where there is a plus/minus sign to show/hide the full article, but with that you are still on the main page. I want something to circulate traffic around my site, however small it may be.

And the third item on my agenda to add to my blog, and the last, is located in the "full article" area of the above blog. If you click either on the title of the post or the "Read Full Article" link, you are taken to the full article. And at the end of the full article, but before the latest/archived post links, you can see stuff like the number of comments, permalink, and the bookmark/digg links in the custom footer. I have something like this on my main page, but it's just the bookmark/digg links. I put them on hoping that they would also show up in the permalink page, but they don't.

So I was just posting this post to see if I could get some help. To recap: the image at the top left-hand corner of the window, show part of the post on the main page and the full post in the permalink page, and add a custom footer in the permalink page. I am having trouble finding out how to code some of the desired additions and just plane don't know where to put others. Any help is well appreciated, but actual code examples would be awesome. Thanks for all your help in advance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you referring to a 'favicon'? If so then this article may help:
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/blogs/?p=12