Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Product Review Followup: Vonage


A while back i did a post on how good vonage was and the packages and deals that came with signing up for vonage. I'll let you read through that post and just give an update in this one on how vonage is working for me still.

I still have the same package. For $25 a month, plus some taxes and fees and whatnot, i get unlimited calls to the continental us and some other places. All the good things in that other post still stand, only i found one bad thing about vonage.

Situation:
You're downloading some stuff off of the internet. Say some tunes or shows off of iTunes or something. *cough* *cough* *bit* *torrent* *cough*. Excuse me, had a tickle in the throat there. Anywho, so your downloading and the phone rings. You can hear the person on the other end perfectly crystal clearly, only they can't hear you all that well. To them you sound broken up and choppy.

In order to fix this problem you need to stop the downloads while on the phone. I was also told that if you have Quality Of Service features on your router you should be able to fix this problem. I haven't been able to tinker with those setting for vonage just yet though, but i will soon.

Other than that, vonage works fantastically. I just download at night while sleeping and everything is hunky dory. And if you did not manage to read the entire original post that i did on vonage, my offer still stands. If you want your first 2 months to be free, give me your email address and I'll send you an invite through vonage's referral program. Sign up for the same package that i have and you'll get 2 free months and you can keep your phone number. I moved from cherry hill nj to mt. laurel nj and got to keep the same phone number. It confuses the hell out of some of your bill collectors that ask you for your home phone number in order to pull up your account, but just switch the phone number to your cell number for a week or so and you'll be fine.

No comments: