Monday, February 13, 2006

Job Title: Electronics Tinkerer


Every time someone has a problem with something electronic, be it a watch, cell phone or PC/laptop, I am usually able to fix it.

A friend of my wife and I has a cell phone that she wanted to make use of the custom ring tones and graphics for the different people that call in. Then my wife wanted the same on her phone. I was able to maneuver through the menus and get to the options to make that happen in no time flat.

My wife's co-worker couldn't figure out how to update the time on his watch. Got that fixed no time flat. But I'm not sure if it was me or if it was him being old. For the sake of this post, we'll say it was me.

I got Vonage and was able to incorporate it into my wireless home network. As well as integrate my wife's new laptop into the network giving her access to some files on my desktop and access to the internet.

I have fixed my PC, my wife’s laptop, my wife's friend’s laptop, my desktop at work... and I even manage to help out the IT people every once in a while. This list can keep going on and on. Between friends, family, co-workers and strangers at parties I am able to handle their electronic woes and make it so that it will never happen again. Or tell them of a place that they can find a quick fix for their problems if I don't have the time or it will cost me money. Its fun finding solutions to the problems and I recently fixed something on my cell phone that was an irritant when I realized that this might be a job that I can do and make dam good money doing it. And I also had this realization when I started heckling for money after fixing my brother-in-law's cell phone. So how 'bout it readers? Is there a job out there like this? I think I might just start one up... unless someone is hiring that is.

So shoot me a comment on this and I'll help you out! For now it is just a slight test/hobby. Donations are always welcome. There is a paypal donations link located on the right side bar of this site on the home page. Come one, come all! Bring in your tech gadgets that you would like to figure something out on or figure out how to fix something on them! Electronics Tinkerer is for hire!

No comments: